This warm noodle soup is an excellent winter warmer for in the office. You have the option to leave out the stock and use water from the kettle at your workplace to heat these noodles, but i prefer the more intense flavour which comes from the noodles being in the stock. You can add fresh herbs like coriander, if you wish.
This article links in with a weeklong Zero Waste food challenge, which aims to produce Zero Food Waste. This is the lunch for FRIDAY which is prepared on WEDNESDAY.
Jam Jar Noodle Soup
-1 nest of noodles
-Jar full of chopped veg (if you are participating with the weeklong Zero Waste food challenge, this was prepped on Sunday, and taken out of the freezer on Wednesday)
- Vegetable Scrap Stock. Enough to fill your jar
-Carlin peas or other beans
-1 tbsp. soya sauce
1. Add the noodles to the jar with the chopped vegetables, breaking them if needed. Don’t worry if the vegetables haven’t yet thawed,
2. Fill jar up about ¾ full with stock. You can now freeze your stock, if you have any spare. Add beans or peas
3. Add a tsp of soya sauce to jam jar
4. Store jar in fridge until you are ready to eat these noodles
6. When heating at work, pour noodle soup into a bowl and heat
Did you make this recipe?
This article links in with a weeklong Zero Waste food challenge, which aims to produce Zero Food Waste, which you can partake in whenever you like.